Digital Torque Wrench, also known as electronic. Is it worth buying one of those instead of choosing a simpler and cheaper option?
If you’re reading this, you probably already know how important a torque wrench is to your vehicle’s maintenance. Having the right torque on the nuts and bolts of your vehicle, whether it’s a car, motorcycle or bicycle, means making sure it’s safe to drive.
Where to Buy the Best Digital Torque Wrenches ?
Here are some of the best value digital torque wrenches from Amazon online store:
The main sales strengths behind digital torque wrenches are accuracy and convenience. Unlike the digital options of a decade or two ago, today’s digital torque wrenches are incredibly accurate. They have improved a lot in terms of durability as well.
What is a Digital or Electronic Torque Wrench ?
As a definition we can say that a torque wrench is a precision tool that serves to apply the exact torque to a bolt or nut, in order to avoid excesses or deficits in the process, and how it could not be left behind of course also the technological advances came to it.
Today the electronic torque wrench comes with technology assisted precision, featuring a digital display of torque readings, plus visual, acoustic and sensory signals that alert the operator once the pre-set torque is reached.
Whether you’re tightening large or small nuts and bolts with a digital torque wrench, the ultimate goal is to achieve a specific torque with a high degree of accuracy. There are several types of digital torque wrenches for different bolt applications.
Digital Torque Adapter
Do-it-yourselfers may think that increasing their number of tools will never be enough, however, there may come a time when you have too many for the space you have available to store them.
In the event that you run out of space to store more large tools we can suggest you start buying more compact tools that can perform the same function as the larger tools.
Applying the correct torque to bolts, screws or fasteners while working in your home garage is a critical function and sometimes it doesn’t make sense to have a large torque wrench that can be expensive or take up too much space.
In those cases, a digital torque adapter can take the place of a torque wrench since it can measure the torque applied by a normal ratchet wrench or breaker bar when connected in line with the adapter.
Are you interested in organizing your workshop or garage ? Visit our article
Looking to Buy Affordable Digital Torque Adapters ?
We show you the most popular digital torque adapters at a great price on Amazon below:
Characteristics of the Digital Torque Wrenches
There are a number of technical features that make the Electronic Torque Writer one of the most preferred by many users which stand out in most models:
1. They usually include the pre-set calibration.
2. They emit an audible and/or visual notification when the desired configuration is reached.
3. They have a screen that shows the force applied while in use and the maximum torque applied.
4. They have an internal memory.
5. Most importantly, they are significantly more accurate than click type torque wrenches or other mechanical models, so if you want to buy the most accurate torque wrench, the digital or electronic option is definitely the way to go.
Digital Torque Wrench Brands
We can start by saying that this precision tool is known under the name of digital torque wrench in Spain and as digital torque meter in Latin America and Brazil, therefore we will find different brands according to the location.
Below we mention the most popular ones:
ACDelco, Gedore digital torque wrench, Craftsman electronic, Snap On, Bahco, Wurth, Mitutoyo, Tohnichi, Ruhlmann and Urrea digital torque meter.
More information about Torque Wrenches
How does a Digital or Electronic Torque Wrench work ?
The Digital Torque Wrench is designed for an operator to simply program a preset torque value. The operator can set the tolerance parameters for the digital torque wrench to control the signal that indicates whether to continue tightening or not.
The operator sets the lower and upper torque thresholds to provide visual, audible and sensory warning signals once preset torque limits are reached or broken during operation. This function is mainly used for safety and quality control.
The use of a quality digital torque wrench creates a safer world through precision. Torque control is essential for companies to ensure that the quality, safety and reliability of their products are not compromised.
The failure of a nickel holder that is not properly tightened can lead to catastrophic or latent failures. Under-tightened fasteners can become loose due to vibration and excessive torque can tear the fastener threads.
Selecting the proper torque wrench depends on the requirements of the fastening application.
If you want to know how to use the digital torque adapter, here you can see it, courtesy of Live Free:
Gedore Torque Wrench
The Gedore brand specializes in the manufacture of high-end torque wrenches. They manufacture a product that is really expensive because it is indicated for very specific applications.
They are high precision digital torque meters with built-in memory and are ideal for quality audits and production applications.
Among the uses of Gedore digital torque wrenches are:
- Maintenance, repair and quality control in the automotive sector.
- Quality control in consumer products manufacturing companies.
The technical characteristics that make the price of the Gedore torque wrench so high are the following:
- Most models of Gedore digital torque wrenches provide exceptionally high levels of accuracy of +/- 1% reading between 10% and 100% full scale.
- The high levels of accuracy give you the confidence that the setting process is under control, therefore, they also control reprocessing and warranty costs with the additional benefit of five programmable presets.
- Versatile tools that integrate with 9×12 and 14×18 wrench accessories. Supplied with reversible ratchet as standard.
- The built-in memory can store up to 2000 data points ready for download thanks to the analysis software, making the tool faster and easier to use.
- Process traceability is achieved through the historical data storage and management features of the easy-to-use PC software, available in 11 languages.
- It is suitable for a wide range of applications due to its torque and angle capability.
Comparison of Different Gedore Torque Wrench Models
Digital Torque Wrench Measurement Scales
Digital torque wrenches often show torque applied in Newton meters, pounds per inch, pounds per foot or kilograms per centimeter. They come in different sizes. If you are working on cars, you probably need a 1/4″, 3/8″ or maybe 1/2″. Some digital torquemeters cover a really wide spectrum.
Preset or Adjustable Torque Wrench ?
Digital Preset Torque Wrenches are generally used for production applications where a single torque setting is required which helps prevent accidental adjustments or operator alteration of the setting.
Adjustable electronic torque wrenches generally have a torque scale that is either stamped, laser marked, or displayed in a display window along the handle.
For assembly applications, looking at the scale on the mechanical torque wrench and estimating the actual torque output is not always a safe option. An alternative solution is a digital torque wrench which provides an electronic torque reading display.
The answer to whether paying the price of the digital or electronic torque wrench is worthwhile in comparison to the traditional type will depend on the model in question, because some of them can be considered cheap and offer great value considering what they are capable of doing.
We must also take into account the work you need to do. There are some that given how delicate and precise they need to be do not deserve to be spared in costs and the digital torque wrench in that case represents more than an expense, an investment.
To be sure, you only need to try one. Below is a list of the best general digital torque wrenches and direct links to view them online at Amazon. You can’t go wrong if you choose one of these!
Digital Torque Wrench Image
- Where to Buy the Best Digital Torque Wrenches ?
- Summit Tools WSP4-135CN ½ “ Digital Torque Wrench, 5 – 99.5 ft-lbs Torque Range Sequential LED and Buzzer, Socket Set, Calibrated
- CPS BLACKMAX BTLDTW Adjustable Electronic Torque Wrench
- eTORK EC3250 ½ “ Click Digital Torque Wrench 25 – 250 ft.-lb. / 33.9 – 339 N.m
- GEARWRENCH 85079 ½ ” Flex Head Electronic Torque Wrench with Angle 25-250 ft / lbs.
- Summit Tools WEA12-340CN Adjustable Digital Torque Wrench. Buzzer and LED Indicator, Large LCD Display, Calibrated
- SATA ST96525 ⅜ Drive Electronic Torque Wrench 10 – 100 In/lbs (27 – 135 Nm)
- ACDelco ARM601 ⅜ ” Digital Torque Wrench 3.7 to 37 ft-lbs. – ISO 6789 Standards with Certificate of Calibration
- Olsa Tools Digital Premium Ratcheting Adjustable Torque Wrench ½” Professional Grade
- SUG Digital Mini Torque Wrench ⅜ “ Buzzer & LED Bike Car Repairing Tool
- SOLUDE ¼ “ Digital Torque Wrench. Torque Range Accurate to ±2%
- CDI 752MFRMH Micro-Adjustable Torque Wrench ⅜” Drive
- GEARWRENCH Flex Head Electronic Torque Wrench with Angle
- What is a Digital or Electronic Torque Wrench ?
- Digital Torque Adapter
- Introducing the Best Pegboard Organizers in 2020
- Looking to Buy Affordable Digital Torque Adapters ?
- ACDelco ARM602-4 ½ ” Digital Torque Adapter (14.8-147.6 ft-lbs) with Audible Alert
- Neiko 20741A Digital Torque Adapter, ½ ” Drive. 29.5 – 147.5 Foot-Pound
- KAIFNT K552 Electronic Torque Adapter, ⅜ “ 5 to 100 ft·lbs, Buzzer/LED Flash Notification, Dual Direction
- Performance Tool M206 Digital Torque Adapter ½ ” Drive. Includes adapters for ⅜ ” and ¼ ”
- Summit Tools ½ “ Digital Angle Torque Adapter, 5 – 99.5 ft-lbs, 1 – 360° Angle Range, 50 Memory Slots
- OEMTOOLS 25682 ½ ” Drive Digital Torque Adapter | Measure Torque in Nm, Kg-Cm, Ft-Lb, In-Lb
- KiWAV Electronic Torque Adapter 3 – 200Nm compatible with ½ ” ⅜ ” ¼ ” Drive Socket
- Eastwood Electronic Torque Adapter
- ACDelco ARM602-4A ½ ” Digital Torque Adapter (25 to 250 ft-lbs) with Audible LED Alert
- Characteristics of the Digital Torque Wrenches
- Digital Torque Wrench Brands
- More information about Torque Wrenches
- Mighty Torque Wrench, Bicycles’ Friendly Brand
- The 11 Best Bike Torque Wrenches in 2020: Caring What You Like
- Unitec 20807 and 20809 Torque Wrenches
- Uses of Torque Wrench: 5 that Perhaps you didn’t Know
- Motorcycle Torque Wrenches 2020. Best Brands and Models
- Tacklife Torque Wrench. Your Smart Buy
- How does a Digital or Electronic Torque Wrench work ?
- Gedore Torque Wrench
- Technical Features
- Comparison of Different Gedore Torque Wrench Models
- GEDORE 4549-05 Torque Wrench TORCOFIX K ⅜ ” 10 – 50 Nm
- GEDORE RED Torque wrench ½“ 20 – 100 Nm
- Gedore 3550-20 UK TORCOFLEX Torque Wrench, ½” Drive, 40 – 200 Nm
- Digital Torque Wrench Measurement Scales
- Preset or Adjustable Torque Wrench ?
- Digital Torque Wrench Image